Basics of Boiler Water Treatment
After participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- Identify the types of boilers used in industrial and domestic applications and recognize the principles of boiler operation
- Understand boiler water chemistry and identify chemical processes and techniques for the removal of water impurities
- Develop a better understanding of the external treatment processes for the boiler feed water
- Develop a better understanding of the conditioning and internal treatment processes for boiler water
- Explain the treatment processes used in condensate systems
- Identify causes and mechanisms of encountered problems, and recommend solutions related to boiler water chemistry
This webinar will discuss the types and specifications of boilers used in industrial or domestic applications and will focus on the pretreatment processes for boiler feed water as well as the internal treatment and conditioning of boiler water. Water treatment processes to prevent scaling, corrosion and foaming will be discussed with emphasis on clarification, softening, ion exchange, evaporation, reverse osmosis and de-aeration.
The use of condensate systems and associated treatment processes will also be addressed.
- Types and specifications of boilers
- Purpose of boiler water treatment
- Objectives of external and internal treatment of boiler water
- Treatment processes used for the boiler feed water: External treatment
- Treatment and conditioning processes during internal treatment of boiler water
- Benefits of using condensate systems
- Treatment processes in condensate systems
- Typical problems and solutions related to boiler water chemistry
Who Should Attend:
Engineers • operators and technicians involved in the operation, control, management and maintenance of boilers and power generators • environmental engineers • industrial staff • consulting engineers and chemists involved in boiler water treatment • municipal planners • regulators and supervisors of boilers and steam generators
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.