Above Ground Storage Tanks: Operation, Inspection & Maintenance
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Select the most suitable storage tank for your application
- Use the proper method of sizing of storage tank of different designs
- Solve practical problems encountered in everyday operation of the system
- Choose the right approach to troubleshooting problems by analyzing their root cause
- Apply the latest methodology to reduce corrosion and fouling of storage tank surfaces
- Improve the profitability of your operation by increasing reliability and efficiency of unit
Above ground storage tanks are widely used as valuable equipment for storing various petrochemical products, like crude oils and others. These fluids are by nature flammable, and their handling pose a significant safety hazard. Storage tanks may also contain compressed flammable gases for short, medium or long-term storage.
This course will cover the most important practical issues related to the selection and sizing of various types of above ground storage tanks for various industrial applications. The course will cover their operation, inspection, maintenance and repair, based on API standards and codes (API-650, API 620, API 2610, API 653). The emphasis in course will be on technical principles and their explanations and clarifications. The course will present the best practices for efficient operation, inspection, maintenance and repair of storage tanks. Several workshops will be included with case studies and real examples from engineering practice. They will enable the analysis of the root cause of the problems and their effective troubleshooting.
- Storage tank design components and construction methods
- Materials used for construction and fabrication
- Storage tank performance
- Tank safety issues based on standards and codes
- Inspection methods and procedures
- Failure mechanisms including corrosion
- Protection methods including linings and cathodic protection
- Best practices for maintenance and repair
Who Should Attend
Mechanical and Chemical Engineers • Plant Process Engineers • Operation and Maintenance Personnel • Technical Service Engineers • Inspection Personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW