Chemical Engineering for Non-Chemical Engineers
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Gain a thorough understanding of essential chemical engineering concepts
- Acquire knowledge of the fundamental principles governing heat and mass transfer
- Learn about the flow of single and multi-phase fluids, enhancing your capability to work in industries that rely on fluid transport and processing
- Understand various measurement techniques for fluids, which is essential for quality control and process optimization in numerous industries
- Gain proficiency in various separation and extraction processes, widening your employment prospects in industries like petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food processing
- Learn about the relevance to petrochemical processes and refineries, the pharmaceutical industry, the semiconductor manufacturing industry, and the food industry
This course provides a reliable basis and understanding for all non-chemical engineers involved in energy and environment, food processing, mining and extraction of rare metals, and all industries where any form of the separation process is needed.
Additionally, this course provides a good understanding of chemical engineering processes for managers and non-engineers who work with chemical engineers as part of their teams.
- Introduction to the profession
- Material and energy balance
- Chemical engineering thermodynamics
- Fluid mechanics
- Heat and mass transfer
- Reactor design and reaction kinetics
- Unit operations
- Chemical engineering project economics
- Process control
- Process safety
Who Should Attend
New graduates of Non-Chemical Engineering disciplines • Anyone who is interested in understanding fundamentals and instances of separation processes with or without chemical reactions • Managers and leaders of professional teams that include Chemical Engineers • Non-Chemical Engineers who, as part of their career growth require this training.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW