Membrane Technologies: Design, Operation and Application in Industrial Water Treatment Systems
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the application and principles of operation of membrane technologies used in the removal of organic and inorganic water contaminants
- Develop a better understanding of the mechanisms and design aspects of membrane technologies
- Learn about the membrane-based systems that are commonly used in industrial water and wastewater treatment operations
- Apply your knowledge of membrane technologies to water and wastewater treatment projects
This course presents the operation principles, design and application of membrane technologies in industrial water treatment systems. Topics include: types and specifications of membranes, mechanisms involved in the separation and removal of inorganic and organic contaminants by membrane processes, components of membrane filtration systems, theory of operation of membranes, membrane fouling, prevention strategies for membrane fouling, design and performance evaluation of membrane treatment systems.
Industrial case studies related to the removal of contaminants from water and wastewater by microfiltration (MF), ultrafiltration (UF), nanofiltration (NF) and reverse osmosis (RO) processes will be discussed during the course.
- Structure, material and configuration of membrane modules
- Separation and contaminant removal mechanisms by membrane processes
- Application of membrane technologies in water and wastewater treatment processes
- Design aspects and performance evaluation of membrane treatment processes
- Membrane scaling and fouling: causes, prevention and control strategies
- Membrane bioreactors: application and design
- Microfiltration, ultrafiltration and nanofiltration processes: application and design
- Reverse osmosis processes: application and design
Who Should Attend:
Environmental Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Environmental Educators • Industrial Staff • Technicians and Technologists • Municipal Planners
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW