Storage and Handling of Hazardous Materials
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- identify and characterize hazardous materials
- understand the regulatory framework surrounding the management of hazardous materials
- assess storage facilities, transfer systems, and process equipment,
- identify areas of material losses and exposures
- develop methods for planning the assessment and upgrading of facilities and operations
- acquire practical methods to improve management and reduce risk
- discuss your storage and handling problems in this specialized field and benefit from others’ experiences
- select specialized equipment and systems for your facility to increase safety
The storage and handling of hazardous materials requires compliance with a complex array of regulations and the use of specialized technical facilities, operations and equipment to ensure safe and proper management. The legislation ranges from the Transportation of Dangerous Goods, through to the Building Code, Fire Code and WHMIS with additional international standards for voluntary compliance.
This seminar provides a practical overview and approach to assessing the properties of hazardous materials and defines the legislative framework that surrounds the safe management of these materials. This seminar also provides practical guidelines for identifying, isolating and managing some of the risks associated with these materials, as well methods for the evaluation of facilities and specialized equipment necessary for the safe and effective storage and transfer of hazardous materials.
- Classification and Identification of Hazardous Materials
- Overview of Legal Issues and H and S Legislation for Storage and Handling of Hazardous Materials
- Overview of Environmental Legislation for Storage and Handling of Hazardous Materials
- Special Legislation for Certain Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Materials
- Building and Facility Features, Auditing Facilities, Containers
- Transfer and Equipment Handling
- Techniques for Safe Transfer
- Special Equipment and Systems
- Integrating the Issues
- Case Studies
Who Should Attend
Material managers and Facility Operators Who Store or Handle Hazardous Materials • Chemical Laboratory Personnel From Industry and Educational Organizations, • Environmental Scientists • Engineers and Architects Responsible for the Design of Facilities for Hazardous Materials Management • Personnel responsible for the planning of new facilities or the expansion of existing facilities involving hazardous materials • Personnel Responsible for Implementing Training Programs and Methods For Hazardous Materials, and Managers Wishing to Ensure Compliance With Applicable Legislation and a Reduction of Risk for Hazardous Materials Management.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW