Structural Steel Connections - Design, Detail and Specifications
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- achieve economy on your projects by the skills developed through participating in the two workshops on designing and detailing connections under instructor guidance
- design bolted and welded connections under static and dynamic loading
- apply methods learnt from the course to achieve economy in design, fabrication and erection of steel structures
Connections form a very important part of any steel structure and integrity of the structure depends on them. Accurate details and specifications are required for fabrication to ensure trouble-free erection. There is a potential for achieving economy in designing and specifying connections which is the focus of this workshop.
- Connection Types
- Bolts in Bearing-Type Connections
- Bolts in slip-resistance connections
- Welding design for stiffeners
- Design of column base plates
- Hollow Structural Section Connections
- Design for Fatigue
- Connection design for Earthquake loading
- Installation & Inspection of Bolts
Who Should Attend
Structural designers • consulting engineers • detailers • specification writers • civil engineers in large industries • technicians and technologists • fabricators and erectors of steel structures
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.