Bridge and Structure Bus Tour: The Rolling Classroom
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Become familiar with the different types of structures and identify structure components
- Understand the basics of a bridge and culvert inspection, rehabilitation and construction
- Understand the importance of good bridge and culvert maintenance
- Understand the importance of sound construction practices for bridges and culverts
- Apply ‘classroom’ notions to inspect and visit various types of bridges and culverts in the area
Come and join us in our rolling classroom for a day. There will be presentations and discussions, but you will mostly be in the field, developing a trained eye for understanding bridges and culverts and identifying key elements and issues that are at the heart of today’s infrastructure challenges.
You will experience first-hand the importance of bridge and structure maintenance and observe areas of concern.
- Introduction & familiarization of the importance of regular inspections
- Introduction of the fundamentals of bridge components and behavior
- Introduce and familiarize with common & structural defects bridges
- Introduction of participants to OSIM
- Networking & sharing of information with fellow attendees
Who should attend:
Supervisors responsible for the management, inspection & maintenance of local bridges & culverts, and also: Maintenance Field Staff • Structural Engineers & Technical Staff • Municipal & Provincial DOT Staff • Consultants & Contractors • Engineering Students & Faculty
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.