Hydraulic Design for Hydro-Power Projects
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Know the different steps to do before designing a hydroelectric central
- Understand hydrological analysis and the study performed at the beginning
- Make energy calculation, learn reservoir management, make assessment of losses
- Learn how to design the main components of a hydro power plant
- Learn the design of associated structures to a hydro power development
The design of a hydroelectric plant begins with a hydrological analysis and hydraulic study, followed by an estimation of available water and eventual rated power to install including the overall quantity of energy to be produced. An understanding of the principles of the hydroelectric plant operation and the associated works is essential to efficiently perform the design and maximize uses of available water.
This course provides an overview of hydraulic engineering design of hydroelectric plants as well as it provides a detailed analysis for the optimization of related works and the parameters that influence the performance, safety and operation of a development.
- Introduction to Power Plant Design
- Factors to Consider in Planning
- Hydrologic Analysis and Calculations
- Temporary Diversion
- Spillway & Riparian Flow Structures
- Composition of the power plant
- Energy production
- 1D to 3D Numerical Modeling
- Other works
Who Should Attend
Persons wishing to improve their knowledge including:
Professional involved in the design and operation of hydro-electrical plants • Managers • Decision makers • Engineers • Operators • Technicians
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.