Trenchless Technology: A Solution to Open Excavation
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Gain a detailed knowledge of current trenchless technology construction methods
- Understand advantages and benefits of each trenchless technology technique.
- Determine design specifications, dimension, and required jacking loads based on existing mechanical methods.
- Use existing trenchless technology guidelines and design standards in selecting appropriate trenchless technology method
- Learn estimate jacking forces
The aging underground infrastructure and extensive utilities of Canadian cities requires their renewal and rehabilitation. Conventional trenching methods however can be very disruptive in congested urban areas, high-traffic roads and highways and business owners. Trenchless technology construction methods are developed and increasingly used for installing new pipelines, or utility lines without trenching excavation.
Knowledge of the challenges, specification and design requirements of trenchless technology methods would lead to better selection and operation of these methods.
- Review of existing trenchless technology construction methods
- Comparison with conventional trenching techniques.
- Standard specification of each trenchless technology method
- Estimation of jacking loads
- Review and comparison of current standards and guidelines for trenchless technology
- Case studies of actual projects.
Who Should Attend:
Municipal Engineers • Planners • Utility Owners • Engineers • Construction Contractors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.