Expectations Management for Design & Construction
This webinar will review:
- The basics of expectation management from the Owner, Design and Construction teams;
- Managing stakeholders and SMEs through the project life cycle;
- How to manage scope creep and internal agendas;
- Keeping the teams focused on the project goals;
- Documenting lessons learned for historical information
No matter what part you play on a construction project delivery team, ensuring client satisfaction and achieving intended outcomes is a tall order. Managing expectations of a project start well before the design and construction teams are selected, the Owner must first know what they want and how to communicate the intended outcome.
In order to do that, subject matter experts (“SMEs”) must be engaged to develop program requirements. Those program requirements are then translated into performance requirements for the design team, who produces drawings and specifications for a contractor. The contracting team must understand the documents as well as have a general understanding of the Owner’s intended outcomes for the project.
- Templates and advice for creating project charters to document intended outcomes
- Tips for dealing with intended outcomes vs. internal political issues
- Communication tools for lessons learned and project opportunities
Who Should Attend?
- Public and private owners and their representatives
- Design professionals
- Purchasing and procurement professionals
- General contractors and subcontractors
- Anyone in the design and construction fields
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW