Understand and Prevent Corrosion
After attending the seminar you will be able to:
- Understand the physical and chemical phenomena taking place when metals corrode
- Identify the type of corrosion present in various applications
- Understand the properties of various common families of alloys
- Select and apply the most appropriate corrosion protection technique
Corrosion can cause critical economic and safety issues in various industries. However a good understanding of basic principles is needed to effectively prevent damage. This course will cover, through a practical approach the knowledge required to identify various corrosion mechanisms and techniques to prevent them. Case reviews and real-life problems will be used to illustrate various concepts.
- Properties of metallic materials
- Chemical reactions behind corrosion
- Modelling tools
- Type of corrosion
- Corrosion resistance of types of alloys
- Material selection
- Coatings and corrosion inhibitors
- Cathodic and Anodic protection
- Industrial applications
Who should attend:
Mechanical & Civil engineers • Engineering Technologists • Project Managers in the Petrochemical, Mining & Metals, Civil, Marine & Municipal Fields
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.