Bridge and Culvert OSIM Inspection I
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand inspection procedures, bridge components, material defects and performance defects
- Set out requirements for detailed visual inspections and condition rating of structures and their components
- Provide guidelines for the need to carry out further investigations and special studies
- Describe various types of procedures and equipment for the non-destructive material testing
This course is designed to provide you with bridge inspection fundamentals. You will gain an introduction to the elementary concepts of bridge inspection, bridge functions, and bridge inspection terminology. The course will also illustrate and discuss the difference between material defects and performance defects
This introductory course covers bridge components and elements, bridge mechanics, design features, bridge materials, decks, superstructures, bearings, substructures, inspection preparations, inspection reporting activities, and work area safety.
- Inspector duties
- Basis for bridge inspection
- Major bridge components & culvert types
- Elements that comprise bridge components
- Span arrangements & deck-superstructure
- Steel, concrete & timber: properties/strengths/weaknesses
- Structural distress in steel, concrete & timber
- Decks, superstructures & bearings
- Substructure: purpose & function
- Inspection preparation: requirements
Who should attend:
Civil & Municipal Engineers • Structural Designers • Engineers in Training • Project Managers • Public Works personnel • Engineering Consultants
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.