Comprehensive Review of Drainage Design Methods
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Consider technical issues in design related to planning and environmental impact
- Enhance protection of property from flood damage and reduce pollution at a lower cost
- Select computer software that is most suitable to your application of urban drainage design
- Participate in public consultation meetings with confidence
- Employ design methodology learned in the course on your next urban drainage project
Changes in land use affect urban drainage and present challenges for engineers who must deal with drainage planning, runoff analysis, storm sewer hydraulics and watercourse drainage within government regulations.
This course provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of culvert, open channel, and storm sewer design, and allows designers already in the field to update their knowledge. The course will also address the use of computer software for design work.
- Drainage & stormwater design criteria
- Rainfall analyses
- Time of concentration equations
- Methods of computing rainfall losses
- Estimating flows for drainage design
- Open channel flow
- Design of open channels & storm sewers
- Design of culverts & bridge openings
- Outline of pond design
- Drainage design software
Who Should Attend:
Municipal Engineers & Managers Planners Civil Engineers Environmental Engineers Designers Project Managers Hydraulic Engineers Technicians & Technologists
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.