Structural Design Principles and Applications of Strut and Tie Approach
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Understanding of the strut and tie concept
- Understand and design deep beams
- Check openings effect in beams and slabs
- Design corbels using the strut and tie method
- Design regions with discontinuities.
- Be familiar with the code provisions and requirements
- Design pile caps
- Develop reinforcing plans with the required code detailing
The cases faced in the structural design process might often be of special cares & considerations, & these special cases need to be addressed with respect to specific provisions to satisfy the design objectives & achieve local as well as overall stability of the structural system & its serviceability. Different special design cases will be discussed in the course & its workshops to introduce the attendees to some potential special cases they are likely to face in their design process. Whether it be deep beams, dapped beams, corbel or pile caps; every case has its specific design approach & considerations.
The course will cover these cases discussing their theoretical concepts & presenting some of their practical applications in real life. Detailed design examples will be solved in the workshops to ensure better understanding of theories and to enhance the problem solving abilities of the students.
- Overview on special cases in structural design
- The concept behind the strut and tie model and its various applications
- Failure modes and structural checks of the strut and tie concepts
- Deep beams as an application of the strut and tie model
- Dealing with concrete beam openings
- Corbels, types, design and code requirements
- Dapped beams design procedures
- Pile caps cases
- Design procedures of pile caps
- Creating reinforcement detailing
Who Should Attend:
Civil Engineers • Structural Engineers • Designers • Consulting Architects & Engineers •Construction Engineers • Fabricators & Manufacturers of Structural Systems • Municipal Building Officials • Field Reviewers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.