Comprehensive Review of Culvert, Open Channel and Storm Sewer Design
After participating in this course you will be able to do the following:
- consider technical issues in design by focusing on related planning and environmental impact
- enhance protection of property from flood damage and reduce pollution at a lower cost
- select computer software that is most suitable for your application of urban drainage design
- participate in public consultation meetings with confidence
- employ design methodology learned in the course on your next project for urban drainage
Changes in land use affect urban drainage and, therefore, present challenges for engineers who must deal with drainage planning, runoff analysis, storm sewer hydraulics, and watercourse drainage within the government regulations.
The course focuses on these topics, providing participants with a comprehensive understanding of culvert, open channel, and storm sewer design, and allowing designers already in the field to update their knowledge. The course will also address the use of computer software for design work.
- Rainfall Analyses
- Time of Concentration: Review of Design Equations
- Methods of Computing Rainfall Losses
- Estimating Flows for Drainage Design
- Examples of Estimating Flows
- Basic Hydraulic Theory
- Design of Open Channels
- Design of Storm Sewers
- Design of Culverts and Bridge Openings
- Effect of Climate Change on Drainage – The Truth
- Drainage Design Software: A Review
Who Should Attend
Municipal Engineers • Developers • Planners • Consultants • Hydraulic Engineers •Technicians & Technologists • Other Technical Personnel Responsible for Drainage Facilities, Underground Pipe Systems, Inlets, Culverts, & Catch Basins. This Course is Particularly Suitable for those who want a Comprehensive Review of Drainage Design Methods.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.