Formwork for Concrete Structures
After participating to this seminar, you will be able to:
- Apply formwork analysis and design skills to concrete structures
- Understand the safety issues related to formwork and the responsibility of designing a safe and functional formwork for concrete
- Apply economy and safety principles and considerations in formwork design
- Gain engineering judgment on formwork materials and their allowable stresses
- Evaluate formwork design options for various reinforced concrete members
Designers devote great effort to optimizing sizes of reinforced concrete members to achieve economical design. Formwork costs are often overlooked. Yet, this cost can exceed that of the reinforcing steel and concrete combined. Also, formwork failure is a safety concern and frustration for project stakeholders. Designers must ensure the safety and effectiveness of formwork and site personnel are responsible for ensuring that formwork is built as designed. Hence, knowledge on formwork design and erection is essential. This seminar provides participants with state-of-the art knowledge on formwork materials and design.
Focus will be on solving problems that allow delegates to apply principles to real world design cases.
- Economy & cost considerations of formwork
- Formwork materials
- Pressure of fresh concrete on formwork
- Design of concrete formwork
- Examples of formwork applications & design
- Special formwork topics
- Shoring and scaffolding
- Serviceability and deflections
Who Should Attend:
Construction, Civil & Materials Engineers • Designers • Site Engineers • Formwork Technologists and Technicians • Construction personnel • Project Coordinators & Estimators
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.