Advanced Concrete Technology for Durable and Sustainable Civil Infrastructure
After participating to this seminar, you will be able to do the following:
- Apply modern concrete technology in concrete projects
- Develop performance specifications for concrete projects
- Create more durable and sustainable concrete mix designs
- Select suitable test methods to evaluate concrete performance
- Interpret quality control data results for fresh and hardened concrete
Premature deterioration of civil infrastructure has created a colossal backlog of ageing concrete structures. Professionals need to design structures that can exceed their service life even in harsh environments and with minimum maintenance and repair. This, however, requires a solid understanding of concrete technology and the interaction between structures and their environment.
This seminar consists of several workshops which provide state-of-the art knowledge on durable and sustainable concrete, including mineral additions and chemical admixtures that enhance the workability, strength, and durability of concrete. The workshops will also enhance your decision-making process regarding various concrete products, construction procedures and performance test methods.
- Cement chemistry, hydration & microstructure
- Supplementary cementitious materials
- Concrete chemical admixtures
- Workability of fresh concrete
- Concrete mixture design
- Concrete test methods & quality control
- Modern concretes: HPC, SCC, FRC, UHPC, mass concrete and thermal stress, pervious concrete & shotcrete
- Service life prediction
- Concrete construction sustainability
Who Should Attend
Project Managers • Civil & Asset Engineers • Construction & Quality Engineers • Design Engineers • Technicians & Technologists • Plant & Facility Engineers • Business Owners
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.