Design and Analysis of Stormwater Management Ponds
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of storm water design and application
- Understand limitations of the standard of practice and examine state of the art engineering
- Apply basic hydrology and hydraulic principles to urban drainage design
- Determine runoff (peak flows and volumes) from rural and urban watersheds
- Gain a solid understanding of stormwater pond design principles and criteria
- Learn to design and analyze stormwater ponds to meet given planning objectives
This workshop provides a detailed review of the complex stormwater management pond design procedures. By participating in this seminar, you will focus on the latest application of sound planning, design, construction and maintenance practices for stormwater management ponds.
The workshop will cover a review of the building blocks of a pond design, such as hydrology and hydraulic calculations that underlie a design. It will provide an overview of the current criteria required by approval agencies, and a review of pond layout components, such as forebays, permanent & active storages, inlets, outlets, and spillways. Detailed steps with working examples on how to design extended detention wet ponds will be covered as well.
- Overview of stormwater management
- Hydrology refresher
- Pond design criteria
- Catchment & site characteristics
- Overview of pond components
- Pond design
- Operation, inspection & maintenance
- Example of a step-by-step pond design
- Review of computer model software
Who Should Attend
Those involved with the design, construction, operation, maintenance, or review of stormwater ponds, including:
Drainage Engineers Municipal Engineers Consultants Technologists Developers Planners Supervisors Field & Technical personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.