Light-Rail Transit Planning and Operations for Transportation Professionals [Training for Planners, Engineers, Designers and Technologists]
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- use in master planning and policy formation, your insight into LRT system development.
- apply transit planning and conceptual design considerations by using relevant industry guidelines, manuals, relevant software basics and recommended documents.
- apply your knowledge of environmental and planning approvals processes for transit projects
- use your familiarity of the land use planning framework including Smart Growth and transit-oriented-development
- familiar with new innovative mobility systems, mobility as-a-service and technologies while keeping LRT/transit as core mobility service
Most transit professional skill development programs prepare individuals with updated analytical planning & engineering design skills for the job market in transit planning & policy development within the private & public sector. This course focuses on the development of light-rail projects that come out of the recommendations of transportation master plans, multimodal and innovative mobility applications for LRT system planning, LRT operational planning, basic elements of transit planning and operations.
Transit planning oriented topics include Smart Growth Planning/ Multimodal Development Principles, Innovative technologies and role of new mobility modes including Transportation Demand Management (TDM) measures, Transit, Environmental Assessment approvals, Public Involvement, urban design perspectives, designing Community Visioning Workshops, Ontario Planning Act & the Provincial Growth Plan (2017) and Policy Statement (2014), Official Plan & Zoning requirements for LRT, Land Use Character Typologies, transit manuals/guidelines & Mobility Hub planning considerations.
- Land-Use and transit planning basics
- International trends in the evolution of light rail transit
- Multimodal and innovative mobility access to LRT systems
- LRT fundamentals and basic systems
- Comparison of LRT with other modes
- LRT system planning, station/-right-of-way design and related activities
- General planning considerations for LRT operations
- The effects of rapid transit on patronage and activities
- LRT vehicle and overall operational considerations
- Light Rail Vehicles (LRVs) & operations
- Fundamental of transit cost and funding
- Project experience
Who Should Attend
Business Development & Sales Analyst • Intelligent Transport System (ITS) Analyst • General Planning Data Analyst • Railroad, Traffic & Transportation Engineers • Administration & Management Coordinators • Signal Designer/ Technologists • Simulation Specialists • Simulation Specialists• Schedulers, Route Designers/ Analysts • Environment Analysts • Operation Specialists & Technologists • Modeling Analysts, Planners, Policy Makers / Analysts• Safety Specialists • GIS/GPS Applications Analysts • Financial & Economic Analysts • System Surveyors • Construction Inspectors.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.