Bridge and Culvert OSIM Inspection II
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the duties and responsibilities of an inspector and define inspection concepts, including personal and public safety issues associated with inspections
- Identify inspection equipment needs for various types of structures and site conditions
- Describe, identify, quantify, evaluate and document the various components and deficiencies that can exist on structure components and elements
- Describe inspection methods and locations for common concrete, steel, and timber structures
- Demonstrate how to field inspect, evaluate and document common elements in the OSIM format
This course is designed to provide you with the necessary fundamentals required to undertake and complete an OSIM inspection. This course continues with the concepts of bridge inspection, bridge functions, and bridge inspection terminology. You will gain knowledge in bridge components and elements, inspection preparations, inspection reporting activities, and documentation.
- Basis for bridge inspection
- Inspector responsibilities
- Systematic inspection procedure
- Structure maintenance, repair & rehabilitation
- Structure management systems
- OSIM manual tables: categorize structures & components
- Perform element quantity calculations
- Material vs. performance defects
- Identify material & performance defects
Who Should Attend:
Civil & Municipal Engineers • Structural Designers • Engineers in Training • Project Managers • Public Works Personnel • Engineering Consultants
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.