Asphalt Mix Design
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Make critical decisions in the lab and on the construction projects using the background knowledge gained from the course
- Select asphalt and aggregate material knowing their effect on mixture properties
- Perform proportioning, volumetric analysis, mixture evaluation using the guidelines for the application of different mixture types
- Increase the service life of your pavement by efficient asphalt mix design
- Analyze your specifications to understand how they affect the quality you receive
Maximizing the performance of high quality materials & sophisticated construction practices is best achieved with a thorough understanding of material properties & asphalt mix design. Engineers & technical managers are faced with the challenge of maintaining the investment in highways, airport runways, urban roads, parking areas & access roads in many developments. An understanding of the considerations for the design & construction of an asphalt pavement & of the factors that influence its deterioration is essential to make technically & economically feasible decisions regarding the design of asphalt mixes.
Participants will work on asphalt mix design suitable for different load & environmental conditions.
Who Should Attend:
Designers & Field Management • Geotechnical & Materials Engineers• Project Managers • Maintenance Engineers • Technicians & Technologists • Contractors • Construction Inspectors • Technical Managers • Consultants & Municipal Engineers.
- Role of Asphalt Mixes in Pavement Life
- Aggregates and their Characteristics
- Asphalt Mix Design Considerations
- Asphalt Binder-SHRP Material Selection
- Other Available Resources
- Design Requirements for Marshall and Superpave Mixes
- Designing Mixes with RAP
- Quality Management in the Field
- Specifications - Mixing, Tests, Paving and Compaction
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.