Design of Concrete Bridges
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Select an efficient structure for different bridge configurations
- Provide cost-effect solutions for bridge construction
- Evaluate loads and load combinations
- Determine dynamic loading, including seismic factors
- Prepare a detailed design for all concrete bridge components
The worldwide design, development and construction of bridges represents the most challenging achievement in civil engineering. This course presents the structural design of concrete bridges and covers both superstructures and substructures. The analysis and design includes an overview of different short and medium span bridge types as well as long span bridges.
This course provides basic principles of strength, serviceability, detailed design of reinforced concrete bridges and pre-stress concrete bridges. It will cover both bridge rehabilitation and new bridge design, including accelerated bridge construction techniques. Numerous examples and case studies are presented in details for highway and railway bridges.
- Bridge engineering overview & components
- Concrete bridges
- Type of concrete bridges
- Highway & railway bridge design loads
- Short & medium span bridges
- Design calculations
- Design of concrete railway underpasses
- Bridge rehabilitation vs replacement
- Accelerated bridge construction techniques
Who Should Attend:
Municipal, Provincial & Federal Government Engineers & Managers Structural Engineers Design Engineers Design Technicians Engineers in Training Construction personnel Railway Bridge Engineers Consulting Engineers Project Engineers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.