Building Upgrading and Repair - After the Assessment
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- develop the results of a building condition assessment into a repair strategy
- make the decision to upgrade or repair individual building components
- prepare a scope of work
- explore different repair options in the decision making process
- understand how to develop bid documents
As buildings and structures age owners often rely upon engineers to perform building condition assessments to help them make the decision on the action necessary to upgrade or repair the structures.
This course explores how decisions are made which are based on the results of the various tests and nondestructive investigative techniques that professionals use in the evaluation of building components.
The course will explain step-by-step procedures in how to prepare a scope of work that can be developed into bid documents for building upgrades and repairs.
- Specifications and Bid Documents
- Repair of Structural Deficiencies
- Repair of Masonry Structures (Overview)
- Brick Evaluation and Repair
- Concrete Foundation Repair
- Testing, Measurement and Balancing of systems and components
- Repair and Replacement of Deficiencies
- Review Electrical Single line, Service Entrance, Grounding and Bonding
- Review Loading, Temp rise, Protection, Metering, Monitoring and Control
- Repair and Upgrading of Building Envelopes: Roofs, Walls & Windows
Who Should Attend
Building Industry Professionals • Engineers • Architects • Designers • Facility Managers •Directors of Plant Maintenance • Building Services Managers • Project Managers • Municipal Building Officials • Technicians & Technologists • Contractors • Developers • Inspectors & Test Lab Personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.