Flood Control, Land Drainage and Stormwater Management
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Select and estimate design events
- Apply new techniques to enhance the protection of life and property from flood damage select computer software for application in flood control and urban drainage design
- Be familiar with decisions policy makers, agency staff and designers have to make
- Apply emerging techniques for stormwater quantity, quality and erosion control
- Broaden your understanding of the fundamental hydrology and hydraulic issues
- Strengthen your skills in flood control and urban drainage system design
This course describes the skills you require to understand the hydrology, hydraulic & statistical computations needed to select & analyze flood protection & stormwater control alternatives. The course aims to make sense of this complex topic & to assist in selecting the best approach. It focuses on the practical application of sound planning & design practices, & specific flood control & stormwater management techniques while exposing you to emerging practices.
Emphasis will be on demonstrating the pro’s & con’s of alternative design & implementation strategies, the pitfalls that should be avoided, & the design features that characterize successful systems.
- Flood Control Advantages & Disadvantages
- Selection of Design Criteria for Flood Control
- Methods of Computing Flows Based on Rainfall
- Hydraulic Modeling of Flows & Flood Levels
- Flood Plain mapping
- Land drainage
- Alternative Urban Stormwater Best Management Practices
- How to Select Stormwater Best Management Facilities
- Brief review of drainage design computer software
Who Should Attend:
Municipal Engineers & Technologists • Civil Engineers & Technologists • Developers • Planners • Consultants • Approval Agency Staff & Other Technical Personnel Responsible for Flood Control & Drainage Projects
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.