Design of Lightweight Wood Framed Lateral Load Structural Systems
After participating in this course you will be able to:
- Understand and quantify the behavior of lightweight wood framed buildings under lateral loads
- Analyze and design lightweight wood diaphragms
- Analyze and design lightweight wood shear walls
- Identify the seismic design considerations for lightweight wood framed shearwalls and diaphragms
- Understand the numerical modelling of lightweight wood framed shear walls
Lightweight Wood Framed construction has gained significant popularity over the past decade as a sustainable, cost-effective solution for low-rise multi-residential buildings. The push has been to extend the use of light wood framing to mid-rise construction for increased density on urban infill projects.
This course covers the analysis of lightweight wood framed buildings, the behaviour of flexible and rigid diaphragms, the numerical modeling of lightweight wood framed shear walls, and the design of lightweight wood framed shear walls and diaphragms.
Course Outline :
- Overview Building Code amendments
- Floor diaphragms flexibility
- Analysis & design of wood floor diaphragms
- Analysis of shearwall lateral load structural systems
- Design of lightweight wood framed shearwalls
- Code considerations for earthquake resistant
- Numerical modeling of lightweight wood framed shearwalls
- Wood framed buildings over concrete podiums
Who Should Attend:
Structural Engineers • Design Engineers • Engineering Consultants • Project Engineers/Managers • Contractors • City Engineers • Building Inspectors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.