Upgrading Bridge Inspection Skills
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- discuss more fatigue resistant objectives
- conduct more thorough inspections having gained knowledge of methods for inspection and recognition of significant bridge deterioration problems
- develop an effective bridge inspection program including a range of suitable techniques
- use the special inspection techniques vital to different types of bridges
- improve your bridge management system applying the knowledge acquired at the seminar about such systems used by others
An effective bridge management system, to ensure safety and long useful life of bridges, depends on efficient bridge inspection. Bridge inspectors must understand the relationship between design and inspection to make accurate appraisals of deterioration and maintenance problems, using sound judgment based on an understanding of basic inspection requirements and the need for maintenance and rehabilitation. They must locate and evaluate critical deterioration and understand the effects of deterioration on load capacity and rating for all bridges whether built of concrete, steel or timber.
Besides addressing bridge inspection procedures, this course focuses on detecting and locating critical problems.
- Overview of Bridge Inspection Strategy
- Inspection of Foundations
- Detailed Visual Inspection of Concrete Bridges
- Bridge Management System
- Detailed Visual Inspection of Timber Bridges
- Detailed Visual Inspection of Culverts
- Non-Visual Inspection - NDE and Laboratory Testing
- Detailed Visual Inspection of Steel Bridges & NDT Field Testing methods
- Detailed Visual Inspection of Steel Bridges
Who Should Attend
Bridge Owners • Bridge Inspectors & Superintendents • Bridge Engineers • Managers • Public Works Officials • Consulting Engineers • Material Testing & Transportation & Public Safety Personnel • Railway Bridge Engineers • Patrol Supervisors• Bridge Foremen • Maintenance Inspectors • Municipal Road Superintendents & Others Responsible for Maintaining, Upgrading & Safeguarding Existing Bridges
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW