Structural Design of Industrial Buildings
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Prevent serviceability failures that affect productivity
- Calculate design loads and combine them with anticipated loads
- Determine dynamic loading including crane, equipment, and seismic factors
- Select economical structural systems that will provide longevity and scalability
The efficient structural design of industrial facilities requires engineers to understand the issues that can affect stability, safety, and serviceability. This course covers the structural design of industrial facilities in a systematic manner, starting with loads, load combinations, and different types of structural systems and framing concepts.
The course then introduces roof-framing design including cantilever (Gerber) girders and open web steel joists. Participants will also study the detailed design of composite concrete-steel floor systems, focusing on vibration problems due to resonance, human comfort, and the need to control movement for sensitive equipment.
- Structural systems and components
- Walls and elevated floors
- Design of roof framing
- Steel and composite beams
- Composite open web steel joists and trusses
- Stub-girder floor construction
- Structural design for walking
- Vibration problems and remedial measures
- Crane runways
- Design of mill buildings and combined columns
Who Should Attend
Structural designers • owners and managers • facility owners • architectural engineers • plant engineers • building manufacturers • contractors • construction procurement personnel from oil companies and refineries, mining, chemicals processing, aluminum, pulp and paper
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW