Structural Design of Industrial Buildings
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Prevent serviceability failures that affect productivity
- Calculate design loads and combine them with anticipated loads
- Determine dynamic loading including crane, equipment, and seismic factors
- Select economical structural systems that will provide longevity and scalability
The efficient structural design of industrial facilities requires engineers to understand the issues that can affect stability, safety, and serviceability. This course covers the structural design of industrial facilities in a systematic manner, starting with loads, load combinations, and different types of structural systems and framing concepts.
The course then introduces roof-framing design including cantilever (Gerber) girders and open web steel joists. Participants will also study the detailed design of composite concrete-steel floor systems, focusing on vibration problems due to resonance, human comfort, and the need to control movement for sensitive equipment.
- Structural systems & components
- Walls & elevated floors
- Design of roof framing
- Steel & composite beams
- Composite open web steel joists & trusses
- Stub-girder floor construction
- Structural design for walking
- Vibration problems & remedial measures
- Crane runways
- Design of mill buildings & combined columns
Who Should Attend
Structural designers owners & managers facility owners architectural engineers plant engineers building manufacturers contractors construction procurement personnel from oil companies and refineries, mining, chemicals processing, aluminum, pulp & paper
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW