After participating in this course, you should be able to
- Understand the principles of foundation design, and identify issues and challenges
- Determine appropriate site exploration and laboratory characterization programs suitable for foundation projects
- Prescribe design requirements as per the foundation engineering provisions in the national and provincial standards
- Apply your comprehensive understanding of foundation design to increase your effectiveness on your projects.
This short course will focus on the analysis and design of both shallow and deep foundation systems to resist vertical and horizontal loads coming from various superstructures including buildings, bridges, power plants, etc. This course will help the participants to better understand foundation engineering and learn from experts in geotechnical engineering on how to design a safe and sustainable foundation system in various site and loading conditions.
All key concepts and guidelines will be explained and emphasis will be placed on the practical application of the information provided.
- Site investigation for foundation design
- Bearing capacity of shallow foundations
- Settlement of shallow foundation
- Design of mat (raft) foundations
- Pile foundations under vertical loads
- Pile foundations under lateral loads
- Design of pile foundation systems
- Case studies
Who Should Attend
Engineers • Technologists • Technicians • General Contractors in All Disciplines (Civil, Structural, Transportation, Environmental, Municipal, Transportation, Construction, Mining, Plant Engineers, Geologists & Earth Scientists
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW