Structural Modelling: Behavior and Modelling of Different Lateral Load Structural Systems
After participating in this course you will be able to:
- Recognize different types of structural system used to provide lateral resistance for buildings
- Identify suitable lateral load structural system for each building
- Understand the behavior of different lateral load structural systems
- Understand the finite element modelling of different structural components
This webinar covers an introduction to the behavior of different lateral load structural resisting systems under lateral loads. As well, this webinar discusses the different methods to develop finite element models that accurately simulates the behavior of different lateral load structural system.
Note: It is strongly recommended that you take all four webinars to gain a full understanding of Structural Modelling High-rise and Industrial Buildings
Sophisticated three-dimensional modelling, that truly simulates different types of buildings, requires engineers to understand the complex behavior of different lateral load structural systems and structural modelling using basic knowledge of Finite Element Method. This webinar series provides an opportunity to learn the principles and techniques of structural modelling of different types of structures under lateral loads such as wind and seismic. The concepts and theories are explained thoroughly with conceptual examples, with no full numerical example due to the time restrain.
Course Outline :
- Different types of structural systems used to provide lateral resistance of different structures
- Analysis and modelling of frame structures under lateral loads
- Analysis and modelling of shearwall structures considering torsional effects
- Analysis and modelling of coupled shearwall buildings
- Behavior and modelling of wall-frame buildings
Who Should Attend:
- Structural Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Engineering Consultants
- Project Engineers
- City Engineers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW