Design of Deep Foundations
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Assess the suitability of the different pile types for the different loading and soil conditions
- Identify the factors affecting the axial and lateral performance of piles
- Determine the axial and lateral capacities and deflections of single piles and pile groups in cohesive and cohesionless soils
- Understand the axial and lateral pile load tests including the test setups and the loading procedures
- Interpret pile load test results
This course is intended to develop understanding of the theories & procedures required to design statically loaded deep foundation systems. The different types of piles will be discussed. This includes the installation techniques & subsequent effects, the load transfer mechanisms & the suitability of different pile geometries for the different loading & soil conditions. Clear design procedures will be given in this course for piles to withstand compressive, pullout & lateral loads. This includes piles installed in cohesive & cohesionless soils at drained & undrained conditions.
The design of pile groups including the carrying capacity of pile groups & the resulting axial & lateral deflections will also be covered. Pile load testing procedures will also be discussed where the different test setups, regimes & interpretation techniques will be presented. Finally, special design cases & practical design implications will be discussed.
- Background and introduction
- Design of axially loaded piles
- Design of laterally loaded piles
- Design of pile group
- Pile load testing
- Special cases
Who Should Attend:
Geotechnical Engineers • Project Engineers • Consulting Engineers • Technicians intending to expand their knowledge of deep foundations
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW