Advanced Permeable Pavement Design and Construction
Purpose and Background
The use of permeable pavements for stormwater management is gaining rapid acceptance across North America. While permeable pavements have been around for a long-time, poor performance is not unusual. This webinar highlights best practices for the design, construction and long-term maintenance of asphalt, concrete and interlocking concrete permeable pavements.
Lessons learned from the preparation of a new ASCE Standard for the Design of Permeable Pavements is presented.
Primary Discussion Topics/Webinar Outline
- Permeable pavement site characterization
- Risk matrix for the evaluation of the suitability of a permeable pavement for a specific site location
- Design detailing for permeable pavements
- Lessons learned from the construction and maintenance of permeable pavements
- Understand common design and construction features important to the performance of permeable pavements.
- To understand the impact of permeable pavement design features.
- Communicate and promote sustainable pavement design and construction.
- Understand the key input parameters for the successful design of permeable asphalt, concrete and interlocking concrete block pavements.
- Ability to design a permeable pavement for both structural and hydrologic capacity.
- Utilize previously impervious infrastructure to reduce the impact of peak stormwater runoff and improve stormwater quality.
- Subgrade preparation
- Characterization of design traffic
- Base and subbase materials
- Design details for structural capacity
- Design details for hydrological capacity
- Determination of design traffic
- Analysis of subgrade support capability
- Analysis of rainfall intensity
- Site drainage analysis
- Appropriate selection of base and subbase aggregates
- Supplementary pavement surface and subsurface drainage
Who Should Attend
- Engineers involved in infrastructure design
- Landscape architects
- Provincial and municipal agencies
- Stormwater professionals
- Geotechnical and materials engineers
- Pavement designers
- Hydrology professionals
- Stormwater management professionals
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.