Applied Soil Mechanics and Shoring Design
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Use your acquired knowledge and skills gained on soil mechanics and shoring
- Implement requirements, procedures and techniques for safe, effective and efficient design of retaining and shoring systems
- Practice trenching and shoring safety precautions
Designed to meet the national competency standards for the installation of primary ground support, this course provides practical training on shoring design. This course will review the related soil mechanics knowledge and show you how to apply soil mechanics theory to trenching and shoring design. The equations and loads are derived for shoring design. Design methods will be covered for different earth supporting systems, including sheet pile, braced cut, and tieback anchor.
The design examples are illustrated and will show you how to apply the theory into practice.
- Review of soil mechanics
- Safety construction & environmental impact
- Shoring design & construction
- Deep excavation and support
Who Should Attend:
Civil & Municipal Engineers • Project Engineers & Managers • Consultants • Designers • Operation & Maintenance personnel • Developers • Planners
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.