Ontario Fire Code - Fire Safety Inspections
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- develop an understanding of the Fire Protection and Prevention Act Legislation and the 2015 Ontario Fire Code Compendium that govern the fire and life safety of buildings and its occupants
- recognize the different parts of the Fire Code and Referenced Standards that relate to fire safety inspections
- discover the different types of inspections conducted by Fire Departments and the tools and equipment required to perform them
- recognize how to conduct comprehensive fire safety inspections in a variety of occupancies by identifying types of fire code violations
- use common Fire Department forms to complete Inspection Reports/Orders for violations and how to enforce them in Provincial Courts.
The Provincial Legislation and Fire Code mandate are to ensure that there is a minimum level of fire and life safety for buildings and the occupants in them. The goal is to identify fire hazards so as a fire does not start. The consequences of a fire can result in injuries or death to the occupants; the loss of jobs and negative economic business impact to the building owner.
An in-class exercise will provide the students an opportunity to perform a Fire Code inspection and issue a Fire Safety Inspection Report/Order.
- Codes and Regulations
- 2015 Ontario Fire Code Compendium
- Types of Building Occupancies
- Types of Inspections by Fire Departments
- Performing Fire Safety Inspections
- Fines and Offenses
- Fire Safety Inspection Reports/Orders
- Questions and Answers and Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
Who Should Attend
Commercial & Industrial Facility Managers • Engineers • Supervisors & superintendents •Plant operation & maintenance engineers • Technicians & Supervisors •Property Managers & Superintendents of Residential Buildings • Staff whose responsibilities include fire safety such as Joint Health & Safety Committee members & Insurance adjusters.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW