Design and Maintenance of Roof Systems on Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Buildings
After participating in the seminar, you will be able to:
- Identify roof system types and components
- understand roof system design principles and function as part of the building envelope
- understand the roof as a depreciating asset within the life cycle of a building
- assess the maintenance requirements of existing roofs
- prevent premature failures of roofing systems by implementing a roof maintenance program
- diagnose & remedy roof integrity problems
- avoid potential problems by understanding causes of roofing failures
The efficient performance of roof systems is integral to the function of all buildings. Improper design and the absence of maintenance of roof systems can have significant economic impacts. These impacts, combined with the increased use of roof surfaces for other building functions, and the continued evolution of roofing products and environmental requirements, means that roofs can no longer be considered “out of sight, out of mind”.
This course provides objective information on the most current practices with respect to roofing design, maintenance, management & rehabilitation.
- Basic Design Requirements: Envelope, Structure, Durability
- Roofing Systems Review: Systems, Components, Detailing
- ‘New Age’ Design Requirements: Environment, Safety, Space Utility
- Viewing Your Roof as an Asset – Life Cycle Performance
- Roof Condition Assessments
- Roof Maintenance Programs
- Re-Roofing vs. Retrofit/Recovery
Who Should Attend
Building Owners & Managers • Civil Engineers • Architects • Plant Managers/Engineers • Maintenance Managers • Specification Writers • Roofing Consultants • Contractors & Suppliers • Technicians & Technologists • Construction Supervisors • Industrial Engineers • Plant Operations Managers & Supervisors • Consulting Engineers & Architects • Facilities Managers & Superintendents
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW