Problem Solving Skills in Concrete Construction Projects
After participating to this seminar, you will be able to do the following:
- calculate service life of concrete mixtures
- predict corrosion and other durability problems before they occur and mitigate them
- develop thermal management plan to avoid thermal cracks in mass concrete
- formulate performance specifications for concrete projects
- create sustainable concrete mix designs and quantify sustainability
- select suitable test methods to evaluate the performance of concrete
- interpret results of quality control data for fresh and hardened concrete
- apply scientific knowledge in concrete projects
Civil infrastructure premature deterioration has created a colossal backlog of ageing concrete structures. Professionals need to design structures that can exceed their entire service life even in harsh environments, with minimum maintenance and repair. This, however, requires a solid understanding of the science behind concrete technology and interactions between structures and their environment.
This seminar provides state-of-the art knowledge and skills to develop durable and sustainable concrete structures. It empowers participants in the decision making process regarding materials, construction procedures and performance test methods that will improve the durability and sustainability of concrete civil infrastructure.
- Portland cement chemistry, hydration and microstructure
- Supplementary cementitious materials and chemical admixtures in concrete
- Rheology and workability of fresh concrete
- Concrete mixture design
- Mass concrete and thermal stress mitigation
- Chloride ions, corrosion and service life prediction
- Achieving high performance and ultra-high performance in concrete construction
- Sustainability in concrete construction projects
Who Should Attend
Construction, civil and materials engineers • Designers of concrete structures • Cement chemists and concrete technologists • Technicians testing cement, concrete and aggregate • Owners of concrete construction facilities • Anyone wanting to learn about concrete production and testing methods.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
REQUEST A QUOTE
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.