Design of Sanitary Sewer and Storm Water Drainage Systems - Workshop
After participating in this course you will be able to:
- Analyze existing systems for any possible problems, maintenance and rehabilitation
- Use the software packages: US-EPA SWMM
- Recognize the numerous issues to consider when planning sewer and stormwater drainage systems at a given site
- Design sanitary sewer and stormwater drainage systems to meet given planning objectives
Eighty percent of a municipality’s problems are caused by twenty percent of its sanitary sewers & stormwater drainage systems. The best way to avoid the majority of future problems is to pay greater attention to them during the design phase. This four day workshop is aimed at those who want to hone their skills in sanitary sewer & stormwater drainage systems design, & stormwater management.
In a workshop setting, under the guidance of your instructor, you will complete a sanitary sewer & stormwater drainage system design as well as use a case study to discuss & develop a plan to mitigate the environmental impact caused by urban development & the management of stormwater.
- Sanitary Sewer System
- Planning For a Sanitary Sewer System
- Sanitary Sewer System Design
- Sewer Maintenance and Rehabilitation
- Hydrology and Hydraulics – A Review
- Estimating Stormwater Runoff
- Stormwater Drainage System
- Storm Water Management Model (SWMM) introduction / set up
- Stormwater Impact Mitigation
- Workshop Detention Pond Design
- Sanitary Sewer and Pump Stations
Who Should Attend
Consulting Engineers • Municipal Engineers • Civil Project Engineers • Construction Managers • Engineering Field Managers • Works Engineers • Public Works Directors •City Engineers • Superintendents of Operations • Wastewater System Managers • Safety Inspectors & Procurement Officers • EITs • Technicians & Technologists • Sewer Construction Contractors
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW