Introduction to the Changes in the Seismic Provisions of the 2015 National Building Code of Canada
After participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- Recognize inelastic behavior and ductility of structures
- Have an introduction to the code procedures to calculate seismic loads on different structures
- Identify the main difference between NBCC 2010 and 2015 seismic provisions
The National Building Code of Canada (NBCC) has evolved extensively over the years to develop a better understanding of the lateral loads by learning from the damage occurred due to major earthquakes and from the large number of research done. This webinar provides an introduction to the significant changes in the seismic design provisions that have taken place between NBCC 2010 and NBCC 2015.
The webinar will highlight the 2015 and 2010 NBCC differences in the determination of seismic hazard, site effect factors, higher mode effects, and seismic base shear. The concepts and theory are explained thoroughly with conceptual examples, with no full numerical example due to the time restrain.
Webinar Outline :
- Inelastic behavior and ductility
- Seismic provisions differences between 2015 and 2010 NBCC
- Low-Hazard area simplified provisions
- Buildings with flexible diaphragms
Who Should Attend:
- Structural Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Engineering Consultants
- Project Engineers
- City Engineers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW