Trends in Construction Technology The Potential Impact on Project Management & Construction Claims
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Learn about 14 new technology advances already available in the construction industry
- Understand how these advances are intended to change project planning, design, construction and construction management
- Explore the potential impact of these technological changes on construction claims and disputes
- Become familiar with how these technology changes are being incorporated into today’s industry
- Examine how to incorporate such technology into the construction process and construction management
This webinar identifies and explores some recent technology advances in construction and suggests some potential impacts on project managements and construction claims. Technology has transformed the world radically over the past few decades. Although the construction industry is slow to change, technological advances have been introduced into the industry and even more are in development and underway.
The purpose of this webinar is to identify some of these technology advances and offer some perspective on how these advances are likely to change construction projects construction management and construction claims. The research report underlying this webinar initially examined some 21 early stage startups working on construction oriented technology advances. The research was narrowed down and looked more closely at how 14 specific technology advances are most likely to change the way projects are planned, design, and constructed.
This webinar also explores where the construction industry stands today with respect to new technology and examines why the industry is slow to adopt and incorporate new technology into projects.
The webinar covers the following:
- 3D printing
- 4D BIM
- Augmented Reality
- Autonomous construction
- BIM and VDC
- The digital future
- Drones in construction
- Geospatial technology
- Radio Frequency Identification technology
- Reality Capture technology
- Site safety
- Software advances
- Wearable technology
- Where the industry stands today
Who Should Attend
- Project owners and owner representatives
- Planners and design professionals
- Construction managers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW