Design of Urban Drainage and Stormwater Management Facilities Workshop
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Strengthen your skills on urban drainage system design
- Apply your knowledge of basic hydraulics to drainage design problems
- Develop a better understanding of technical design issues by focusing on related planning and environmental impact considerations
- Apply your learnt techniques to enhance the protection of property owners from flood drainage and reduce pollution at a lower cost
To design an effective urban drainage and stormwater management system, knowledge of the technical design principles for each component of the system is required. After a brief refresher of basic hydrology, this seminar focuses on the practical application of sound planning and design practices as well as specific stormwater management techniques.
Case studies will be presented to demonstrate, in practical terms, the pros and cons of alternative strategies, how to avoid pitfalls and the characteristics of successfully designed systems. The uniqueness of this course is its emphasis on hands-on exercises for designing the various components of drainage and stormwater management systems.
- Drainage & stormwater design criteria
- Rainfall analyses
- Hydrology methods of computing runoff
- Hydraulic design of open channel flow
- Alternative practices
- How to select facilities
- Review of drainage design software
- Workshop: Examples of BMP design
- Open channel design
- Storm sewer design
Who Should Attend
Those involved with drainage and stormwater facilities, including:
Municipal Engineers • Consultants • Developers • Planners • Technical personnel
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW