New and Emerging Technology for Extending Pavement Life
Throughout history, transportation agencies have fostered and implemented new methods and means to innovatively and cost-effectively extend eh service life of our transportation infrastructure while minimizing the impact of road work on the road users. By fostering collaboration between government agencies and industry, it is possible to develop new policies, processes and procedures to reduce time and cost and improve the safety of our transportation infrastructure.
In this webinar, we will explore highlights of innovation roadway infrastructure delivery and construction techniques. Participants will be introduced to innovations in road construction from around the world including:
- Warm mix asphalt
- Pre-cast concrete slabs
- Accelerated bridge construction
- High friction surfaces
- New quality assurance techniques such as ground penetrating radar and infrared imaging
- Thin surface restoration techniques
- In-place recycling techniques for pavement renewal
- Geosynthetic pavement reinforcement
- Quiet pavement surfaces and treatments
- In-place recycling
- Intelligent compaction
- Dynamic road paint and warning systems
- Solar energy roads
- Self healing asphalt and concrete materials
We will introduce the technique/technology and outline how they can assist in reducing project time and costs and maximize the value and terms of life-cycle costs. We will present key factors for success, best practices and available resources to assist in implementing the techniques/technologies.REQUEST ON-SITE Quote
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the city name to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW