Design of Equipment Foundations
This course is held online for 3 days on the following schedule (All times in Eastern Time Zone):
- Day 1: 11:00-2:15, 3:15-5:15 (EST)
- Day 2: 11:00-2:15, 3:15-5:15 (EST)
- Day 3: 11:00-2:15, 3:15-5:15 (EST)
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Calculate dynamic loads from various types of machinery
- Follow the decision process to select the type of foundation: shallow or pile
- Build on your understanding of the dynamic response of tabletop structures for equipment support
- Analyze dynamic response of various types of shallow and pile foundations
- Apply the knowledge of analysis and design procedure for equipment foundation design and evaluate vibration damage and take suitable remedial measures
The course considers loads induced by different machinery, modes of structural response of the foundation and/or supporting frame, as well as the response and damping provided by the soils. It covers fundamentals of machine dynamics for derivation of the applied loads, behaviour of different types of rigid block and pile-supported foundations, analysis and design of tabletop structures for equipment support, machine foundations on frozen soils, vibration damage assessment and prevention.
This course will start with the concepts and practical “rules of thumb” used in preliminary layout and sizing of the foundations and focus on explanation and demystifying of the basic concepts, relating them to the first principles of engineering. You will be able to design equipment foundations using hand techniques, common finite element packages as well as specialized software (DYNA 6).
- Intro to design of equipment foundations
- Method of dynamic impedance
- Dynamic soil properties
- Design of shallow and pile foundations
- Determination of loads from different types of machinery
- Dynamic response of vibratory machinery foundations
- Dynamic response of impact machinery foundations
- Vibration damage and suitable remedial measures
• Tabletop structures
- Dynamically loaded foundations on frozen soils
- Methods of analysis and design examples
Who Should Attend:
Consulting Engineers (Civil and Structural) who must analyze and design equipment foundations and wish to acquire advanced knowledge and practical design skills.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW