Design of Equipment Foundations
This course is held online for 3 days on the following schedule (All times in Eastern Time Zone):
- Day 1: 11:00-2:15, 3:15-5:15 (EST)
- Day 2: 11:00-2:15, 3:15-5:15 (EST)
- Day 3: 11:00-2:15, 3:15-5:15 (EST)
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Calculate dynamic loads from various types of machinery
- Follow the decision process to select the type of foundation: shallow or pile
- Build on your understanding of the dynamic response of tabletop structures for equipment support
- Analyze dynamic response of various types of shallow and pile foundations
- Apply the knowledge of analysis and design procedure for equipment foundation design and evaluate vibration damage and take suitable remedial measures
The course considers loads induced by different machinery, modes of structural response of the foundation and/or supporting frame, as well as the response & damping provided by the soils. It covers fundamentals of machine dynamics for derivation of the applied loads, behaviour of different types of rigid block & pile-supported foundations, analysis & design of tabletop structures for equipment support, machine foundations on frozen soils, vibration damage assessment & prevention.
This course will start with the concepts & practical “rules of thumb” used in preliminary layout & sizing of the foundations and focus on explanation & demystifying of the basic concepts, relating them to the first principles of engineering. You will be able to design equipment foundations using hand techniques, common finite element packages as well as specialized software (DYNA 6).
- Intro to design of equipment foundations
- Method of dynamic impedance
- Dynamic soil properties
- Design of shallow & pile foundations
- Determination of loads from different types of machinery
- Dynamic response of vibratory machinery foundations
- Dynamic response of impact machinery foundations
- Vibration damage & suitable remedial measures
• Tabletop structures
- Dynamically loaded foundations on frozen soils
- Methods of analysis & design examples
Who Should Attend:
Consulting Engineers (Civil & Structural) who must analyze & design equipment foundations & wish to acquire advanced knowledge & practical design skills.
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW