Asphalt Mix Design
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Make critical decisions in the lab and on the construction projects using the background knowledge gained from the course
- Select asphalt and aggregate material knowing their effect on mixture properties
- Perform proportioning, volumetric analysis, mixture evaluation using the guidelines for the application of different mixture types
- Increase the service life of your pavement by efficient asphalt mix design
- Analyze your specifications to understand how they affect the quality you receive
Maximizing the performance of high quality materials & sophisticated construction practices is best achieved with a thorough understanding of material properties & asphalt mix design. Engineers & technical managers are faced with the challenge of maintaining the investment in highways, airport runways, urban roads, parking areas & access roads in many developments.
An understanding of the considerations for the design & construction of an asphalt pavement & of the factors that influence its deterioration is essential to make technically & economically feasible decisions regarding the design of asphalt mixes.
Participants will work on asphalt mix design suitable for different load & environmental conditions.
Who Should Attend:
Designers & Field Management • Geotechnical & Materials Engineers• Project Managers • Maintenance Engineers • Technicians & Technologists • Contractors • Construction Inspectors • Technical Managers • Consultants & Municipal Engineers.
- Role of Asphalt Mixes in Pavement Life
- Aggregates and their Characteristics
- Asphalt Mix Design Considerations
- Asphalt Binder-SHRP Material Selection
- Other Available Resources
- Design Requirements for Marshall and Superpave Mixes
- Designing Mixes with RAP
- Quality Management in the Field
- Specifications - Mixing, Tests, Paving and Compaction
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW