Advanced Concrete Technology for Durable and Sustainable Civil Infrastructure
After participating in this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Apply modern concrete technology in concrete projects
- Develop performance specifications for concrete projects
- Create more durable and sustainable concrete mix designs
- Select suitable test methods to evaluate the concrete performance
- Interpret quality control data results for fresh and hardened concrete
The premature deterioration of civil infrastructure has created a colossal backlog of ageing concrete structures. Professionals must design structures that can exceed their service life even in harsh environments and with minimum maintenance and repair. This, however, requires a solid understanding of concrete technology and the interaction between structures and their environment.
This course consists of several workshops which provide state-of-the-art knowledge on durable and sustainable concrete, including mineral additions and chemical admixtures that enhance the workability, strength, and durability of concrete. The workshops will also improve your decision-making process regarding various concrete products, construction procedures and performance test methods.
- Cement chemistry, hydration and microstructure
- Supplementary cementitious materials
- Concrete chemical admixtures
- Workability of fresh concrete
- Concrete mixture design
- Concrete test methods and quality control
- Modern concrete: HPC, SCC, FRC, UHPC, mass concrete and thermal stress, pervious concrete and shotcrete
- Service life prediction
- Concrete construction sustainability
Who Should Attend
Project Managers • Civil and Asset Engineers • Construction and Quality Engineers • Design Engineers • Technicians and Technologists • Plant and Facility Engineers • Business Owners
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW