Advanced Permeable Pavement Design and Construction
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the key input parameters for the successful design of permeable asphalt, concrete and interlocking concrete block pavements.
- To understand the impact of permeable pavement design features.
- Have the ability to design a permeable pavement for both structural and hydrologic capacity.
- Utilize previously impervious infrastructure to reduce the impact of peak stormwater runoff and improve stormwater quality.
- Communicate and promote sustainable pavement design and construction.
The use of permeable pavements for stormwater management is gaining rapid acceptance across North America. While permeable pavements have been around for a long-time, poor performance is not unusual. This webinar highlights best practices for the design, construction and long-term maintenance of asphalt, concrete and interlocking concrete permeable pavements. Lessons learned from the preparation of a new ASCE Standard for the Design of Permeable Pavements is presented.
This course covers:
- Overview of pavement surface types
- Permeable pavement site characterization
- Risk matrix for the evaluation of the suitability of a permeable pavement for a specific site location
- Design detailing for permeable pavements
- Lessons learned from the construction and maintenance of permeable pavements
Who Should Attend
- Architects and engineers involved in infrastructure design
- Landscape architects
- Provincial and municipal agencies
- Stormwater professionals
- Geotechnical and materials engineers
- Pavement designers
- Hydrology professionals
- Stormwater management professionals
- Private sector developers
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW