Application of Composites in Construction
After participating in this course, you will:
- develop an understanding of the properties of advanced composite materials, their fabrication procedures, quality control, durability, and methods of installation.
- recognize the different types of composites and how their applications vary based on their material, adhesive agents, and fibers type and arrangement.
- analyze and design the concrete structures internally-reinforced with fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) bars. You will learn about the philosophy behind reinforcing concrete with FRP bars and how it is different than reinforcing concrete with conventional steel bars.
- use the externally-bonded composites in strengthening concrete structures. You will learn about design methods, installation methods, and measures taken after installation. You will learn how to rationalise the use of composites versus conventional strengthening methods.
- be familiar with the available codes and guides concerned with composites, with a focus on the Canadian and American codes and guides.
The use of advanced composite materials in construction has been widely accepted as alternative techniques to conventional methods in reinforcing, repairing, and strengthening of reinforced-concrete structures.
This course covers the use of composites in two major applications, namely; 1) reinforcing concrete structures with embedded fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) bars and 2) strengthening reinforced-concrete structures using externally-bonded composites, including the epoxy-based FRP products and the mortar-based composites (widely known as fiber-reinforced cementitious matrices or FRCM).
- Introduction to composite materials
- Codes and guides of structural concrete internally-reinforced with composites
- Analysis and design of reinforced-concrete structures with composite bars
- Strengthening of reinforced-concrete structures with composites
- Use of externally-bonded composites in strengthening applications
- Near-surface mounted (NSM) technique
- Introduction to mortar-based fiber-reinforced cementitious matrix (FRCM)
- Questions and Answers and Feedback to Participants on Achievement of Learning Outcomes
Who Should Attend?
Municipal, Provincial and Federal Government Engineers and Managers • Bridge Engineers • Structural Engineers • Design Engineers • Design Technicians • Engineers in Training • Construction Personnel • Consulting Engineers • Project Engineers
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled at the following locations. Click the location to learn even more details about this course.
Almost all of EPIC's seminars and webinars offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW