Asphalt Mix Design
After participating in the course, you will be able to:
- Make critical decisions in the lab and on the construction projects using the background knowledge gained from the course
- Select asphalt and aggregate material knowing their effect on mixture properties
- Perform proportioning, volumetric analysis, mixture evaluation using the guidelines for the application of different mixture types
- Increase the service life of your pavement by efficient asphalt mix design
- Analyze your specifications to understand how they affect the quality you receive
Maximizing the performance of high quality materials and sophisticated construction practices is best achieved with a thorough understanding of material properties and asphalt mix design. Engineers and technical managers are faced with the challenge of maintaining the investment in highways, airport runways, urban roads, parking areas and access roads in many developments. An understanding of the considerations for the design and construction of an asphalt pavement and of the factors that influence its deterioration is essential to make technically and economically feasible decisions regarding the design of asphalt mixes. Course will focus on provincial practices in Alberta.
Participants will work on asphalt mix design suitable for different load and environmental conditions.
Who Should Attend:
Designers and Field Management • Geotechnical and Materials Engineers• Project Managers • Maintenance Engineers • Technicians and Technologists • Contractors • Construction Inspectors • Technical Managers • Consultants and Municipal Engineers.
- Role of Asphalt Mixes in Pavement Life
- Aggregates and their Characteristics
- Asphalt Mix Design Considerations
- Asphalt Binder-SHRP Material Selection
- Other Available Resources
- Design Requirements for Marshall and Superpave Mixes
- Designing Mixes with RAP
- Quality Management in the Field
- Specifications - Mixing, Tests, Paving and Compaction
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW