Assessment and Retrofit of Masonry Structures
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Characterize ancient, transit and modern masonry materials and systems
- Understand the evaluation and retrofit process of masonry structures
- Perform site investigation and analysis of existing masonry structures
- Recognize available techniques used to repair, strengthen or upgrade existing masonry structures on both the local member level and global system level.
- Understand how to track building envelope response to structural and environmental loads using local and global monitoring techniques.
- Recognize maintenance process and activities including cleaning of masonry walls
- Learn how to develop a rational methodology for different types of masonry assessment and retrofit projects via case studies.
The purpose of this course is to provide background, reference material, and guidance to design professionals, building owners, and contractors confronted with addressing existing masonry construction. Information related to construction characteristics, typical material properties, and analytical approaches are included for historic, transitional and modern masonry construction typologies.
The main focus of this course is structural stabilization, strengthening and retrofit with maintenance and serviceability items (such as water penetration and cleaning) addressed as subtopics.
- Introduction to Ancient masonry structures
- Introduction to Modern Masonry
- Evaluation and Retrofit process
- Site investigation and analysis
Who Should Attend
Architects, civil and mechanical engineers, restoration project managers, and building maintenance engineers.
We currently do not have enough attendee responses to generate a rating for this course.
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW