Bearing Capacity and Settlement of Pile Foundations (Axial loads)
After participating in this lecture you will be able to:
- Determine the bearing capacity of different piles
- Choose a proper pile system for a specific site
- Estimate the settlement of pile foundation
- Determine the pile capacity from pile load tests
Pile foundations are generally used when the upper soil stratum is week and there is a need to transfer the structural loads to deeper and more competent strata. The load carrying capacity of pile foundations are provided by the toe bearing capacity as well as the pile shaft capacity through the interface pile-soil resistance.
This lecture aims to present basic concepts required for the design of pile foundations in different site conditions. Bearing capacity analysis of both single pile and pile groups will be discussed for various types of piles in different soil and rock strata. The pile settlement analysis will also be presented for both single piles and pile groups.
- Factors affecting pile selection for different sites
- Bearing capacity analysis of piles from both lab and field test results
- Settlement analysis of pile foundations
- Design considerations for piles under axial loads
- Pile load tests
Who Should Attend
Those who deal with construction related geotechnical engineering issues or need to build background on geotechnical analyses and design including:
- Civil, environmental and transportation engineers/technicians
- Geologists, city and public works officials/planners
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
This course is currently scheduled on the following date. Click to learn even more details about this offering.
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW