Best Practices for Construction Project Scheduling
After Participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Identify schedule requirements that are typically delineated in standard contracts.
- Understand why an owner would want to include a detailed scheduling specification in a construction contract.
- Identify key elements that should be considered for incorporation in a detailed scheduling specification.
- Identify common challenges and realities that need to be considered in developing a detailed scheduling specification.
- Become familiar with the role that owner schedulers undertake on projects.
- Understand the role the owner should expect to play in the development and execution of project schedules.
The intended purpose of scheduling on a construction project is to help ensure that all activities necessary to complete the work in accordance with the contract documents are properly planned, staffed, coordinated and executed in an orderly and expeditious manner. Without a clearly articulated scheduling specification, proper scheduling may be dispensed with as a way of saving costs. Experienced owners recognize that the risk of not requiring comprehensive project schedules far outweighs the risk of requiring and reviewing project schedules and the potential increased costs carried in the project’s budget.
This presentation demonstrates the importance of a detailed schedule specification, discusses the role of the owner’s project scheduler throughout the process, and identifies the key components that can be used by both parties for better project control, decision-making and, if necessary, claims resolution.
- Purposes and Importance of Project Scheduling
- Elements Often Missing from Standard Contracts
- Schedule Spec Key Activities and Considerations
- Project Realities and Effective Solutions
- Role of the Owner Project Scheduler
Who Should Attend:
- Owners and owner representatives managing capital improvement projects
- Construction management/contractor executives, project managers and project control personnel
- Design professionals providing services to owners during pre-construction and construction
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW