Bridge and Culvert OSIM Inspection I
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Understand inspection procedures, bridge components, material defects and performance defects
- Set out requirements for detailed visual inspections and condition rating of structures and their components
- Provide guidelines for the need to carry out further investigations and special studies
- Describe various types of procedures and equipment for the non-destructive material testing
This course is designed to provide you with bridge inspection fundamentals. You will gain an introduction to the elementary concepts of bridge inspection, bridge functions, and bridge inspection terminology. The course will also illustrate and discuss the difference between material defects and performance defects.
This introductory course covers bridge components and elements, bridge mechanics, design features, bridge materials, decks, superstructures, bearings, substructures, inspection preparations, inspection reporting activities, and work area safety.
- Inspector duties
- Basis for bridge inspection
- Major bridge components and culvert types
- Elements that comprise bridge components
- Span arrangements and deck-superstructure
- Steel, concrete and timber: properties/strengths/weaknesses
- Structural distress in steel, concrete and timber
- Decks, superstructures and bearings
- Substructure: purpose and function
- Inspection preparation: requirements
Who should attend:
Civil and Municipal Engineers • Structural Designers • Engineers in Training • Project Managers • Public Works personnel • Engineering Consultants
Overall rating of this course by its previous attendees!
Almost all of EPIC's courses offer :
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
These course credits will help attendees earn training requirements for their associations or provincial governing bodies.
REQUEST A QUOTE
EPIC has many catalogs you can download containing courses in your area!DOWNLOAD NOW